NZSVO was set up in 1985 by a number of individuals from the grape growing and winemaking industries, academics and researchers with the aim:
“To promote the dissemination of technical information in viticulture and oenology and related sciences for the benefit of the grape and wine industries of New Zealand.”
NZSVO is not aligned with any other industry organisation and divorces itself from commercial politics. Its membership includes people with a common desire to gain increased knowledge about all aspects associated with our industry.
The aims of this organization are met by providing information on this web site, a monthly electronic newsletter, running seminars and conferences.
What are the benefits of Membership?
- NZSVO is the only professional society for winemakers and grapegrowers in New Zealand.
- Discounted registration fees for seminars, workshops and conferences organised by NZSVO.
- Subscription to a monthly electronic newsletter with information relevant to the New Zealand industry.
- Subscription to New Zealand Winegrower, the official journal of the New Zealand Wine and Viticultural Industry.
- Access to the member section of this web page which has the following features:
- online forums allowing members to share information.
- online database listing suppliers, services and consultants.
- online classified for sale and want to buy.
Individual or student membership
Types of membership
current subscription $115**
Up to a maximum of 3 members in an organization.
current subscription $260
Up to a maximum of 8 members in an organization. Rates can be negotiated for more than eight members in an organization.
current subscription $430
Open to students enrolled in New Zealand universities and polytechnics and grape growing and winemaking programs. (Proof of enrolment is required with the application.)
current subscription $50
** 2008 membership fee
Non members may subscribe to our newsletter.
subscribe to our newsletter